All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis up-to-date guide to over 400 species of the fascinating fishes along the coast of southern Africa features over 600 original paintings showing changes with growth and sexual differences in colour of many of the fishes. The species accounts include useful descriptions and other information enabling easy identification and comparison of similar species. The book is intended to assist in learning more about the biology and ecology of southern African marine fishes. This is a perfect companion to exploring the rich diversity of southern African shores. The author was co-editor (with Margaret Smith) of the comprehensive Smiths' Sea Fishes . As Phil and Elaine are scientific divers, they have done several fish survey expeditions together and work as an effective team in the field as well as in the laboratory.
- Author BiographyPhil and Elaine Heemstra are based at the South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity in Grahamstown, and they have collaborated on numerous scientific publications. They have co-written the text and all paintings in the book are by Elaine. Phil is a leading International authority on marine fishes and was co-editor (with Margaret Smith) of the comprehensive Smiths' Sea Fishes. As Phil and Elain are scientific divers, they have done several fish survey expeditions together and work as an effective team in the field as well as in the laboratory.
- Author(s)Elaine Heemstra,Phil Heemstra
- PublisherNISC (Pty) Ltd (National Inquiry Services Centre)
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationGrahamstown
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintNISC (Pty) Ltd (National Inquiry Services Centre)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1175 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.