All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's world of fast fashion, is there a place for a handcrafted $50,000 coat? To answer that question, Meg Noonan takes readers to the Sydney studio of John Cutler, a fourth-generation tailor; to the mountains of Peru, where villagers shear vicunas (a rare animal kwn for its soft fleece); to the fabulous Florence headquarters of Stefa Ricci, the world's greatest silk designer; to the esteemed French textile company Dormeuil; to the English button factory that makes products out of Indian buffalo horn; and to the workshop of the engraver who made the 18-carat gold plaque that sits inside the collar. These artisans create a rich tapestry of bespoke tailoring, which began in 17th-century London, but their dedication to their craft is about more than tradition; they believe that their way is best - for customers, for the environment, and for the workers involved. Fascinating, surprising, and entertaining, The Coat Route is a timely love song to things of lasting value in our disposable culture.
- Author BiographyMeg Lukens Noonan has written for many publications, including Outside, National Geographic Adventure, Travel + Leisure, Esquire, Men's Journal, and The New York Times. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Meg Lukens Noonan
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight262 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine130 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.