All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAs collaboratives increasingly make a difference in educational reform, a growing number of states are examining the entire K-16 system and exploring ways to connect educational levels and systems to better serve students-especially those at-risk and underrepresented. The Collaborative Advantage contributes to the field by documenting the benefits of a collaborative, K-16 approach to educational reform and by providing a comprehensive set of lessons and recommendations developed by inter-institutional collaboratives from around the United States. This jargon-free book identifies three critical stages in the development of a collaborative: foundation-building, growth, and making collaboration a sustainable force for reform. Numerous challenges, solutions, and examples are provided for each stage. To further assist practitioners, the authors identify three partnership types-program, pathway, and policy. This book will be of interest to administrators, practitioners in both higher education and K-12, and faculty who teach courses in education, sociology, public policy, and organizational behavior.
- Author BiographyDennis McGrath is professor of sociology at the Community College of Philadelphia and senior research fellow at the National Center for Educational Alliances. Richard Donovan is professor of English and senior director of the National Center for Educational Alliances at Bronx Community College of the City University of New York. Barbara Schaier-Peleg is the director of the National Center for Educational Alliances. William Van Buskirk is associate professor of Management at La Salle University.
- Author(s)Barbara Schaier-Peleg,Dennis McGrath,Richard M. Donovan,William Van Buskirk
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.