Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionStanley Burnshaw began to publish poems in the 1920s and founded his own verse journal in 1925. After serving as coeditor and drama critic of the New Masses weekly (1934-1936), he entered book publishing, directing the Dryden Press until 1958, when he joined Henry Holt. The first of his nineteen earlier works, Andre Spire and His Poetry, appeared in 1934 and the last in 1990, A Stanley Burnshaw Reader, with an introduction by Denis Doghue. The present volume-the definitive Burnshaw collection-offers all the poems he wishes to preserve and a full representation of his prose, including My Friend, My Father in its entirety. The Collected Poems and Selected Prose is vital reading for anyone wishing to be fully acquainted with the man whom Karl Shapiro called one of the best-respected men of letters of our time.
- Author BiographyStanley Burnshaw has received many honors, including an award for creative writing from the National Institute of Arts and Letters, honorary degrees from the City University of New York and Hebrew Union College, and a Special Stanley Burnshaw Issue of Agenda (London). He divides his time between Martha's Vineyard and Key Biscayne.
- Author(s)Stanley Burnshaw
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleHarry Ransom Humanities Research Center Imprint Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note7 b&w illus.
- Weight890 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byThomas F. Staley
- Foreword byThomas F. Staley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.