All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Collected Poems of Philip Lamantia represents the lifework of the most visionary poet of the American postwar generation. Philip Lamantia (1927-2005) played a major role in shaping the poetics of both the Beat and the Surrealist movements in the United States. First mentored by the San Francisco poet Kenneth Rexroth, the teenage Lamantia also came to the attention of the French Surrealist leader Andre Breton, who, after reading Lamantia's youthful work, hailed him as a voice that rises once in a hundred years . Later, Lamantia went on the road with Jack Kerouac and shared the stage with Allen Ginsberg at the famous Six Gallery reading in San Francisco, where Ginsburg first read Howl . Throughout his life, Lamantia sought to extend and renew the visionary tradition of Romanticism in a distinctly American vernacular, drawing on mystical lore and drug experience in the process. The Collected Poems gathers t only his published work but also an extensive selection of unpublished or uncollected work; the editors have also provided a biographical introduction.
- Author BiographyGarrett Caples is a poet and editor for City Lights Books and the editor of the American poetry series, City Lights Spotlight. Andrew Joron is an award-winning surrealist poet and translator. Nancy Joyce Peters is the co-owner of City Lights Books; for much of its history, she served as its executive director and publisher, until her retirement in 2008. She is co-author, with Lawrence Ferlinghetti, of Literary San Francisco and has edited countless books for City Lights.
- Author(s)Philip Lamantia
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note8 b/w photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAndrew Joron,Garrett T. Caples,Nancy J. Peters
- Foreword byLawrence Ferlinghetti
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.