Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionVery few poets have captured the grandeur and beauty of the spirit of adventure like Robert Service. In a day and age where refreshing verse and lyrics are hard to come by, a simple look into these pages reveals one of the most monumental works in modern poetry. Nothing quite excites the heart and stirs the soul like the works from Robert Service. You will find your heart fluttering, your eyes moist and your mind wandering aimless in far away places as Service takes you there on a magic carpet ride of grandeur and adventure. Inside you'll find a personal favorite, Service's Call of the Wild. If this doesn't move you, thing anything will. Service's poems could very well have been labeled chicken soup for the soul, well before those series of books under the same title. Nothing short of magical.
- Author BiographyRobert Service (1874-1958) was a poet born into a Scottish family while they were living in Preston, England. He moved to Canada at the age of 21 when he gave up his job working in a Glasgow bank and traveled to Vancouver Island with his Buffalo Bill outfit and dreams of becoming a cowboy. Hired by the Canadian Bank of Commerce, he was posted to the bank's branch in Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory. Inspired by the vast beauty of the Yukon wilderness, Service started writing his poetry about the things he saw. Service became known for his work about the West, and the Yukon gold miners. Such works as The Shooting of Dan McGrew and The Cremation of Sam McGee made him famous around the world. After having collected enough poems for a book, Service offered a publisher $100 of his own money to publish the work, but the publisher was so sure that the works would be popular (he had already taken 1700 offers for sale off the galley proofs), he returned Service's money and offered him a contract.
- Author(s)William Allingham
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.