The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: v. 4: Adventure Stories by Louis L'Amour (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.81+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth volume of Louis L'Amour's collected short stories features more than forty of the master's greatest adventure tales in a keepsake edition to cherish for generations. This unique collection gathers stories guaranteed to thrill and delight readers again and again, establishing why Louis L'Amour is truly America's favorite storyteller. Louis L'Amour's tales of adventure cant be surpassed for sheer storytelling excitement, and they stand as a testament to his legendary appeal. Here are timeless stories of danger and daring, wanderlust and heroism, filled with ordinary men and women facing often insurmountable challenges with courage, dignity, hor-and heart. Perhaps never before has a single volume contained so many breathtaking thrills: from the down-on-his-luck fortune hunter who risks everything to save a diamond-hunting couple walking straight into a jungle massacre to the mystery hero aboard a downed commercial plane dangling six hundred feet above certain doom. You'll trek across the harsh steppes of East Asia with an American widow and her young son among a fierce madic warrior people, and you'll relive a harrowing tale of survival at sea against thirst, madness, and the elements as a common seaman redefines extraordinary courage as simply doing his job. Whether joining an American captain running a cargo ship through Japanese-controlled waters during World War II, only to find his vessel hijacked by traitorous pirates, or marveling at the resourcefulness of a young woman pushed to the limits of endurance as she flees a killer through a primeval forest, these adrenaline-laced tales of mystery, suspense, murder, and survival never let up and will keep your heart pounding long after the final page. From those numbering a few intense pages to vella-length works, the tales in this action-packed anthology bear all the trademarks of the master's touch-the historical accuracy, memorable characters, and timeless themes that have earned Louis L'Amour his unique place among American writers.
- Author BiographyLouis L'Amour is undoubtedly the bestselling frontier novelist of all time. He is the only American-born author in history to receive both the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and the Congressional Gold Medal in honor of his life's work. He has published ninety novels; twenty-seven short-story collections; two works of nonfiction; a memoir, Education of a Wandering Man; and a volume of poetry, Smoke from This Altar. There are more than 300 million copies of his books in print worldwide.
- Author(s)Louis L'Amour
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Note150
- Weight1020 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.