The Collected Works of Chogyam Trungpa: Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, the Myth of Freedom the Heart of the Buddha, Selected Writing: v. 3: Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, the Myth of Freedom, the Heart of the Buddha and Selected Writings by Chogyam Trungpa (Hardback, 2004)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Collected Works of ChOgyam Trungpa brings together in eight volumes the writings of the first and most influential and inspirational Tibetan teacher to present Buddhism in the West. Organized by theme, the collection includes full-length books as well as articles, seminar transcripts, poems, plays, and interviews, many of which have never before been available in book form. From memoirs of his escape from Chinese-occupied Tibet to insightful discussions of psychology, mind, and meditation; from original verse and calligraphy to the esoteric lore of tantric Buddhism--the impressive range of Trungpa's vision, talents, and teachings is showcased in this landmark series. Volume Three captures the distinctive voice that ChOgyam Trungpa developed in North America in the 1970s and reflects the preoccupations among Western students of that era. It includes Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism and The Myth of Freedom, the two books that put ChOgyam Trungpa on the map of the American spiritual scene. The Heart of the Buddha and sixteen articles and forewords complete this volume.
- Author BiographyChOgyam Trungpa (1940-1987)--meditation master, teacher, and artist--founded Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, the first Buddhist-inspired university in North America; the Shambhala Training program; and an international association of meditation centers known as Shambhala International. He is the author of numerous books including Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, and The Myth of Freedom.
- Author(s)Chogyam Trungpa
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map, ports.
- Weight972 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRose Gimian
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.