All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume republishes sixty-two of Dewey s writings from the years 1942 to 1948; four other items are published here for the first time.A focal point of this volume is Dewey s introduction to his collective volume Problems of Men. Exchanges in the Journal of Philosophy with Donald C. Mackay, Philip Blair Rice, and with Alexander Meiklejohn in Fortune appear here, along with Dewey s letters to editors of various publications and his forewords to colleagues books. Because 1942 was the centenary of the birth of William James, four articles about James are also included in this volume.
- Author BiographyLewis S. Feuer is University Professor Emeritus at the University of Virginia. He is author of Einstein and the Generations of Science. Jo Ann Boydston is Distinguished Professor at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and Director of the Center for Dewey Studies.
- Author(s)John Dewey
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1989
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Weight907 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byJo Ann Boydston
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.