All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides an authoritative edition of Dewey s The Quest for Certainty: A Study of the Relation Between Kwledge and Action. The book is made up of the Gifford Lectures delivered AprilMay 1929 at the University of Edinburgh. Writing to Sidney Hook, Dewey described this work as a criticism of philosophy as attempting to attain theoretical certainty. In the Philosophical Review Max C. Otto later elaborated: Mr. Dewey wanted, so far as lay in his power, to crumble into dust, once and for all, the chief fortress of the classic philosophical tradition.
- Author BiographyStephen Toulmin is Professor in the Community on Social Thought, University of Chicago.Jo Ann Boydston is General Editor of the Later Works, The Middle Works of John Dewey, 18991924, and The Early Works of John Dewey, 18821898.Harriet Furst Simon is a staff member at the Dewey Center.
- Author(s)John Dewey
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/1984
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJo Ann Boydston
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.