The Collected Writings of Walt Whitman: v. 2: Journalism: 1846-1848 by Walter Whitman (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $114.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Journalism, Volume II: 1846-1848, the definitive scholarly edition, is a volume in The Collected Writings of Walt Whitman, the Whitman Writings that every library should own (Choice). The Journalism reprints Whitman editorials, articles, reviews, and other prose matter from The Brooklyn Daily Eagle. The Journalism has reliable texts, substantial antation, thorough textual tables, and a comprehensive index. Providing essential documents, The Journalism is indispensable for understanding the genesis of Leaves of Grass and the views and milieu of America's greatest poet. The volume, moreover, is useful in such areas as history, journalism, American studies, and popular culture. Whitman's journalistic writings cover a wide range of subjects: war, slavery, politics, government, ecomic matters, labor, immigration, social concerns (crime and punishment, poverty, mirity rights, women's rights, health, education), the press, religion, literature, drama, music, and art.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Herbert Bergman is Professor Emeritus of American Thought and Language, Michigan State University. He has published a number of articles on Walt Whitman. For his work on Whitman's journalism he has received grants from the American Council of Learned Societies, the American Philosophical Society, the Modern Language Association of America, and the National Endowment for the Humanities. Douglas A. Noverr is Professor of American Thought and Language, Michigan State University. He is co-author of The Games They Played: Sports in American History, 1865-1980 (1983) and The Relationship of Painting and Literature: A Guide to Information Sources (1978). He has published numerous articles and book chapters on American literature and on popular culture. Edward J. Recchia was Professor of American Thought and Language, Michigan State University. He published many articles on film and on popular culture.
- Author(s)Walter Whitman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2011
- Weight1220 g
- Width184 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDouglas A. Noverr,Edward J. Recchia,Herbert Bergman
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.