All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionOver 140 color photos, diagrams, and text reveal the crystal structures, habits, names, and changing family relationships of silicate crystals. This thorough guide provides an introduction to crystallography, the current classification of silicate structures, and reviews orthosilicates, disilicates, chain silicates, sheet silicates, and framework silicates. Explore different ways the silicate tetrahedron can be arranged and great diversity of structures that result. Crystal structure is presented with drawings of ideal crystal forms and photographs of real crystals. In this way, mineral collectors can better understand the interplay between atomic arrangements and external habits, and ultimately develop an eye for recognizing crystal symmetry. This book is a must for all serious collectors of minerals.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Lauf holds a Ph.D. in Metallurgical Engineering, and has conducted wide-ranging scientific research in fields ranging from nuclear fuel to microwave processing and biomineralization. He has been granted over forty U.S. Patents, and has written ten books on mineralogy for the collector.
- Author(s)Robert J. Lauf
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2011
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note142 color photos
- Weight500 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.