All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1947, the University of California and Yale University baseball teams took the field in Kalamazoo, Michigan, to play the first-ever NCAA Division I College World Series. It was a two-day, three-game Series with an attendance of less than 4,000. Today, it is a weeklong Series held in Omaha, Nebraska, with eight teams, tens of thousands of fans and millions more watching on television. This book covers each College World Series from the first game in 1947 through the 2003 Series, between Rice and Stanford universities. The authors devote a chapter to each decade, and then cover each game of each Series. They also provide information on standout players' careers (in baseball and other professions) after playing in the College World Series. NCAA Division II and III teams are also covered, and the appendix features short profiles of great college coaches.
- Author BiographyW.C. Madden is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research and the author of 23 books. A former editor and journalism instructor, he lives in Monticello, Indiana. SABR member Patrick J. Stewart, is a mechanical designer living in Flat Rock, Indiana.
- Author(s)Patrick J. Stewart,W. C. Madden
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note121 photos, appendix, index
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.