All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume introduces readers to the beginnings of colonial Virginia, which was home to the first successful British settlement in North America. The narrative begins with the hardships and eventual success of the Jamestown settlement. Readers will learn about the crop that saved the colony, the rise of plantations, and early democracy in the Virginia House of Burgesses. Information-rich text paired with corresponding images highlight Virginias role in the American Revolution, and draw attention to important Virginians such as Thomas Jefferson and Patrick Henry. This volume was researched and written to support national and state social studies curricula while supporting comprehension through accompanying primary sources, biographies, and maps.
- Author(s)Jackie Heckt
- PublisherPowerKids Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSpotlight on the 13 Colonies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPowerKids Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width175 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.