The Color Connection: From a Retailer's Perspective by Joan S Callaway (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA graphic and photographic representation of the Seasonal Color Harmony theory as it relates to the fashion industry and is being taught by color consultants around the world. This book is an essential reference for designers, buyers, sales associates, as well as consumers who wish to expand their kwledge and refine their style with or without having had their colors painted or draped. For the designer: If the style, fabric and color are in harmony with a seasonal type, the item will be more successful at retail, as well as more successful for the consumer. For the retail buyer: the book shows you how you can improve your buying and reduce markdowns by using the guidelines. The book resulted from the experiences of the author in her women's clothing stores, Tarika, in Davis, Ca. and Sacramento. An awareness of what at the time many thought was just a fad improved her buying, increased sales, and reduced markdowns and customer returns. For the sales associate: The Color Connection shows you how to be thought of as more than just a clerk. For the consumer: The guidelines illustrated in The Color Connection show you how to reduce closet mistakes, by using your best colors, planning your wardrobe, and developing a personal outer style consistent and in harmony with your inner style. Whether you have already a color fan in your possession or are just beginning to think about having your colors painted or draped, this book will help you refine your style. Much of the book is a composite of theories asthat I have learned through reading, seminars and from having my colors done eight times, including by Suzanne Caygill, author of Color, The Essence of You. Hundreds of illustrations and photographs, as well as text, translate what I have learned and believe to be more fact than fad or fiction - a theory whose time has come. The book is designed as a workbook with plenty of white space for you to add your tes, your sketches, your photos. Make it your own!
- Author BiographyFor the story of how this book came to be written, Chapter 27 in Joan's memoir, It's an Ill Wind, Indeed...that blows no good, tells the whole story. It also tells of how she came to open first an art gallery/jewelry store, Centering, and then not just one, but two women's clothing boutiques. The memoir maps one woman's hard fought journey through grief after the tragic loss of both her husband and younger son through a fire in their home. This book is in some ways also a memoir - a memoir of her journey into color and fashion.
- Author(s)Joan S Callaway
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jo Ann Stabb
- Photographer(s)Tom Deininger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.