All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Colors of Fall Road Trip Guide details 25 of the best scenic tours during fall foliage season in New England. Trips vary from short drives on the coast to all-day excursions in the region's mountains and forests. Detailed maps and itineraries compliment trip descriptions that tell you what you'll find along the route. GPS coordinates are also included for trip hot spots. In addition, sidebars suggest short walks and hikes that are great diversions when a little leg-stretching is required. This is the perfect companion for any leaf-peeping excursion. Here are just a handful of the beautiful foliage sites and tours the Monkmans will guide you through: * Vermont's Northeast Kingdom: Groton State Forest, Cabot, and Peacham * A Covered Bridge Tour of Southwestern New Hampshire * Maine's Western Lakes Region * The Southern Berkshires: Hay Fields, Waterfalls, and Cobbles * Rhode Island's Beaches and Mansions: Westerly to Newport * The Connecticut Highlands: North Meets South * A Connecticut River Tour in Southern Vermont and New Hampshire * Maine's Big Woods: The Kennebec Valley and Moosehead Lake
- Author BiographyJerry Monkman is an adventure and conservation photographer and writer, based in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. During the last decade, his photographs have contributed to the conservation of several hundred thousand acres of wilderness across New England. His writings and photographs about New England's wild and noteworthy places have been published by publications around the world, including National Geographic Adventure, Backpacker, Yankee, Down East, Men's Journal, and the Washington Post. He currently lives in Portsmouth, New Hampshire with his wife Marcy and their two children, Acadia and Quinn. Since 1993, Marcy Monkman has managed EcoPhotography, a conservation photography business that she co-founded with her husband, Jerry. She has also co-authored adventure guidebooks and photography books about New England, including Discover Acadia National Park, The Colors of Fall, and The Colors of Fall Road Trip Guide. She currently lives in Portsmouth, New Hampshire with her husband and their two children, Acadia and Quinn.
- Author(s)Jerry Monkman,Marcy Monkman
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note90+ color photographs
- Weight470 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.