All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a boy in Brooklyn, James McBride knew his mother was different. But when he asked about it, she'd simply say, 'I'm light-skinned.' Later he wondered if he was different, too, and asked his mother if he was black or white. 'You're a human being,' she snapped. 'Educate yourself or you'll be a body!' And when James asked what colour God was, she said, 'God is the color of water'...As an adult, McBride finally persuaded his mother to tell her story - the story of a rabbi's daughter, born in Poland and raised in the South, who fled Harlem, married a black man, founded a Baptist church, and put twelve children through college. THE COLOR OF WATER is James McBride's tribute to his remarkable, eccentric, determined mother - and an eloquent exploration of what family means.
- Author BiographyJames McBride is a writer, composer and saxophonist. He is married with three children and lives in Pennsylvania. He is also the author of MIRACLE AT ST ANNA and is working on another novel.
- Author(s)James McBride
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Out-of-print date27/03/2008
- Weight350 g
- Width129 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.