All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionThough better kwn today as a political theorist than as a dramatist, Machiavelli secured his fame as a giant in the history of Italian comedy more than fifty years before Shakespeare's comedies delighted English-speaking audiences. This bilingual edition includes all three examples of Machiavelli's comedic art: sparkling translations of his farcical masterpiece, The Mandrake; of his version of Terence's The Woman From Andros; and of his Plautus-inspired Clizia --works whose genre afforded Machiavelli a unique vehicle t only for entertaining audiences but for examining virtue amid the twists and turns of fortune .
- Author BiographyDavid Sices is Professor Emeritus of French and Italian, Dartmouth College. James B. Atkinson is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)James B. Atkinson,Niccolo Machiavelli
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight486 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.