All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Committee Against Evil 2 Book Series, world-famous, best-selling author Raymond Buckland brings his creative writing talents to the world of fiction for two intriguing tales. In Book I: The Committee: The Cold War may be over for most of us, but in the world of The Committee, the Cold War is in full swing and the weapons of power include astral projection and psychokinesis. The battleground is on the earth, in space, and on the astral plane. The prize for this war is the very future of the United States. The story begins with just a slight irregularity. Stopping a satellite launch is t unusual-but when two routine communications satellite launches are aborted for reason, the government does something very secretive; it forms the Committee, a team of psychic experts to find out what caused the missions to be halted. As this group of talented people from around the nation begins what would become the supernatural adventure of a lifetime, they discover a plan by incredibly powerful psychics, under the control of an evil dictator, to control the U.S. Unfortunately, they have only days to stop the coup. Can this group of strangers, drawn together for a common cause, defeat the most powerful enemy ever? There is but one chance, and that is to defeat them at their own game-but is there eugh time?
- Author BiographyKnown as The Father of American Wicca, Ray Buckland was responsible for introducing Wicca to the United States. He was the author of the first American book on the Old Religion written by a witch - WITCHCRAFT FROM THE INSIDE - and has since written over sixty others, including the classic BUCKLAND'S COMPLETE BOOK OF WITCHCRAFT and the three encyclopedias: THE WITCH BOOK, THE FORTUNETELLING BOOK and THE SPIRIT BOOK. In 1962 Raymond Buckland came to the United States from England, where he had written comedy scripts and was personal scriptwriter for a popular British comedian Ted Lune. Interested in the occult for over sixty years, in the past forty years Raymond has had well over fifty books published (both fiction and non-fiction), with nearly two million copies in print and translated into seventeen foreign languages. He has received awards for his work and his books are featured in several national book clubs. He has served as Technical Director for movies, working with Orson Wells, John Carradine, Vincent Price, and William Friedkin (director of The Exorcist). Of Romany (Gypsy) descent, he is an authority on Gypsies and has written several books on that subject. Raymond has lectured at colleges and universities across the country and has been the subject of articles in such newspapers and magazines as The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, New York Sunday News, National Observer, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Look Magazine, Cosmopolitan, True, and many others. Raymond Buckland has appeared on numerous national radio and television talk shows such as The Virginia Graham Show, The Dick Cavett Show (appearing with Faye Dunaway), The Tom Snyder Tomorrow Show, Barbara Walters' Not For Women Only, The Sally Jessy Raphael Show, and has been seen on BBC-TV, England, RAI-TV, Italy, and CBC-TV, Canada. He has appeared extensively on stage in England and played small character parts in movies in America. He has taught courses at colleges and universities and been a featured speaker at conferences and workshops. He is listed in a number of reference works including Contemporary Authors, Who's Who In America, Men of Achievement, and International Authors' and Writers' Who's Who. Recent works include The Spirit Book, Buckland's Book of Spirit Communications, Wicca For One, and The Buckland Spirit Board. A DVD version of his Wicca video is now two hours in length: Rebirth of the Old Religion.
- Author(s)Raymond Buckland
- PublisherLabyrinth House Publishing
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLabyrinth House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.