All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. compiled this master work in 1881 from his famous lectures in Boston on the origins, reasoning, and import of the common law. The life of the law has t been logic: it has been experience. It jump-started legal realism and established law as a pragmatic way to solve problems and make policy, t just a collection of rules. It has stood the test of time as one of the most important and influential studies of law and the development of legal rules. This book is interesting for a vast audience, and considered one of the most original books on U.S. law, for historians, students, political scientists, and those who follow the concept of rules. It is also a recommended read before law school. A new edition of Holmes' classic study of the judicial development of law. Includes 2010 Foreword by Steven Alan Childress, J.D., Ph.D., law professor at Tulane. Embeds correct footte numbers and original page numbers for citing. Carefully reproduced from the original book but in a modern, readable format. Quid Pro's Legal Legends Series offers high-quality editions of legal scholarship, in print and digital formats. In addition, each book contains a scholar's new Foreword and biographical summary, to place the work in historical context and explain it to the reader.
- Author BiographyLegendary Justice of the Supreme Court and influential legal scholar, 1841-1935.
- Author(s)Oliver Wendell Holmes
- PublisherQuid Pro, LLC
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuid Pro, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJr.
- Introduction bySteven Alan Childress
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.