All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
About this product
- DescriptionA case-based approach to communication disorders that emphasizes individualsa?? unique treatment needs.
This pioneering first edition case-based text presents a person-centered approach to a variety of speech, language, and hearing problems in individual patients of all backgrounds and ages. Each case, which profiles unique client traits as well as representative clinical patterns, inspires opportunities for the integration of course information with facilitating clinical application a?? and brings the clinical process to life.
Organized by client age and disorder category, Communication Disorders: A Case Based Approach emphasizes the unique experiences and perspectives of a number of experts and master clinicians. Every case follows a systematic organizational framework that considers the relevant facts and values and beliefs of those involved. Each chapter includes a summary of conceptual kwledge areas important to an understanding of the case, a detailed case description, treatment options, and current references. Inclusive and comprehensive, this book provides a foundation to inspire future clinicians to participate in and contribute to the communication sciences.
- Author BiographyShelly Chabon PhD, CCC-SLP, is a Professor at Portland State University and an ASHA Fellow. She is the co-author of three books and a language intervention program. A member of the ASHA CFCC and Chair of the ASHA Board of Ethics, she received a Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Higher Education and an Apple Award for outstanding teaching. Ellen R. Cohn PhD, CCC-SLP, is Associate Dean for Instructional Development at University of Pittsburgh's School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and Associate Professor of Communication Science and Disorders. She is the coauthor of Videofluoroscopic Studies of Speech in Patients with Cleft Palate, and Diversity Across the Curriculum: A Guide for Faculty in Higher Education (Springer-Verlag Telos, 1989).
- Author(s)Ellen R. Cohn,Shelly S. Chabon
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/07/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Weight1315 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm