All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA spectre is haunting Europe... The Communist Manifesto is the most influential political book ever written - few others have fundamentally changed the world. After the Russian Revolution it became the key text for radicals the world over. Now, in the wake of a punishing financial crisis and on the centenary of the Revolution that it helped to spark, the book remains both an essential guide to the transformations wrought by capitalism and presents the solution to its inequalities and exploitation. There have been many editions of the Manifesto before, but this is a beautifully presented hardback edition and with one key addition - as this book was instrumental in the Russian Revolution it has been coupled with Lenin's April Theses as an attractive 'flip' book (i.e. turn the book upside down and you have ather). Lenin presented his ten directives after his return from exile in 1917, and they are the key program for the revolution that was carried out that year. This landmark edition includes a new introduction by Tariq Ali, showing how the Russian Revolution changed the world and the horizon of political change, and why its ambition is still relevant today.
- Author BiographyKarl Marx was born in 1818. In 1848 he collaborated with Friedrich Engels in writing The Communist Manifesto. Expelled from Prussia in the same year, Marx took up residence first in Paris and then in London where, in 1867 he published his magnum opus Capital. A co-founder of the International Workingmen's Association in 1864, Marx died in London in 1883. Friedrich Engels was born in 1820. He moved to England in 1842 to work in his father's Manchester textile firm. After joining the fight against the counter revolution in Germany in 1848 he returned to Manchester and the family business. In subsequent years he provided financial support for Marx and edited the second and third volumes of Capital. He died in 1895.
- Author(s)Friedrich Engels,Karl Marx,V. I. Lenin
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication22/11/2016
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight567 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.