All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet a good education without massive debt, and enter a field that's actually hiring In coming years, millions of great jobs will be opening up in growth areas like advanced manufacturing, biotechlogy, health care, information techlogy, and sustainable energy. These jobs can pay as well as, or much better than, the average income for four-year college graduates. They generally offer high levels of day-to-day satisfaction. And the path to all of them begins in the community colleges. In The Community College Career Track, Tom Snyder gives young people and their parents, as well as mid-life career changers, a practical, inspiring guide to taking that path and completing it successfully. The old model of a bachelor's degree leading to a good job and career has broken down for large numbers of young people, many of whom graduate college only to work in a career that doesn't require a degree. Meanwhile, millions of productive American white collar and blue-collar workers have been laid off and need retraining for second careers. This book helps you find a new way forward. * Offers insights on how to save money over a lifetime through an affordable college education that provides high-paying jobs * Author Tom Snyder is the president of Ivy Tech Community College, Indiana's statewide community college system and the largest singly accredited community college system in the country Author Tom Snyder has confronted the education-jobs mismatch from both sides, first as a highly successful business executive and w as an award-winning educator. Follow his efficient, affordable, and rewarding path to a great career and a satisfying life.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS J. SNYDER is the President of Ivy Tech Community College, Indiana's statewide community college system and the largest singly accredited community college system in the country. While he was CEO of Delco Remy International, the company grew from $500 million to $1.3 billion in global sales. He has confronted the education-jobs mismatch from both sides, first as a highly successful business executive and now as an award-winning educator.
- Author(s)Thomas Snyder
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine16 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.