All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSavvy companies recognize the value of a strong community. Think of Nike and its community of runners, Nike+, and you'll quickly understand that creating and fostering an online community around a product or brand is a powerful way to boost marketing efforts, gain valuable insight into consumers, increase revenue, improve consumer loyalty, and enhance customer service efforts. Companies w have the unprecedented opportunity to integrate their brand's messaging into the everyday lives of their target audiences. But while supporting the growth of online communities should be at the top of every company's priority list, all too often it falls by the wayside. That's why brand strategy expert and digital marketer Lauren Perkins wrote The Community Manager's Playbook (#CMplaybook on Twitter), a must-read guide for business and brand builders who need to strengthen their approach to online B2C community management and customer engagement. As Perkins explains, if companies want to create thriving online communities focused on their product or brand, they must do more than simply issue a few tweets a day, create (and then abandon) a Facebook page, and blog every once in a while. Instead, organizations of all sizes must treat community management as a central component of their overall marketing strategy. When they do, they will be rewarded handsomely with greater brand awareness, increased customer use and retention, lower acquisition costs, and a tribe of consumers who can't wait to purchase their next product. Perkins t only teaches readers how to build an engaging community strategy from the ground up, but she also provides them with the tactical community management activities they need to acquire and retain customers, create compelling content, and track their results along the way. Distinctive in its comprehensive, step-by-step approach to creating online communities that are fully consistent with a company's existing brand voice, The Community Manager's Playbook: * Explains how excellent community management provides a competitive advantage with a large impact on sales* Provides an in-depth overview of brand and business alignment* Teaches readers how to identify their community's online target audience and influence their needs and wants* Details the appropriate online channels through which content should be distributed* Champions the use of an agile approach through repeated testing to maximize the return on every company investment* Discusses the many diverse metrics that can be used to measure community scope Today, there is brand strategy without a community strategy. Companies that are t developing communities are losing control of their brands and missing opportunities to optimize their marketing investments. With The Community Manager's Playbook as their guide, however, marketing professionals and the companies and brands they represent will be equipped with the tools they need to manage their online marketing efforts, engage their core customers at every level, leverage community insights into the product development cycle, and ensure that their messaging is heard across all corners of the digital landscape.
- Author BiographyLauren Perkins is a motivational coach, digital evangelist, and brand marketer who devotes her energy to helping individuals and companies unearth and implement solutions that will make a difference in their businesses and lives. After beginning her career as a journalist at a local paper, Perkins was asked to join The Boston Globe, where she learned the necessity of asking hard-hitting questions, assessing the entire landscape, and diving deep to understand the why behind each story. That philosophical approach has endured Perkins's career shift to experiential marketing, brand management, and digital technology, topics that she consults on at Perks Consulting, which she opened in 2008 to modernize the intersection of technology and lifestyle. With the goal of providing holistic, consumer-centric strategies, Perks works closely with every client including eDiets, Laura Mercier, Cookstr, and Pfizer to align brand with business, products with platforms, and marketing with media. In addition, Perkins is a leading instructor at General Assembly, New York's largest technology and entrepreneurship campus. Currently she can be found leading classes on Community Management, User Acquisition, and Brand-centric Business Strategy.
- Author(s)Lauren Perkins
- Date of Publication25/12/2014
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight469 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.