The Compassionate Hunter's Guidebook: Hunting from the Heart by Miles Olson (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWild meat, hunted in a responsible way, is one of the most healthful, sustainable foods possible. Depending on how it is done, hunting can be as local, intimate, and humane as it gets. And aside from this, it demands the hunter enter a world of awareness, wildness, life, and death that as a culture we have forgotten. The Compassionate Hunter's Guidebook is a guide for those that come to the act of hunting with pure intentions, motivated by a desire for healthy food that comes directly from the land where they live. This practical manual suggests that hunting is t a sport and the animals whose lives are taken are t game. It combines a deep, philosophical exploration of the ethics of killing with detailed instructions on every step of the process including: * Understanding your prey* Tools, techniques, and preparation* The act of the hunt* From forest to table--processing, preserving, and preparing your kill A unique and comprehensive, fully illustrated guide to the complexity, ethics, and spirit of the hunt, The Compassionate Hunter's Guidebook is a must-read for beginning and experienced hunters alike. It will appeal to anyone who wishes to delve more deeply into the complex, humbling, and ultimately profound reality of our relationship with the food that urishes us. Miles Olson has spent the past decade immersed in learning and practicing earth skills. The author of Unlearn, Rewild, his experiences living on the land have made him an expert on rewilding.
- Author BiographyMiles Olson has spent the past decade deeply immersed in learning and practicing earth skills; living intimately with the land on the forested edge of a sprawling city. While foraging, hunting, gardening, and gathering for his livelihood, his life has been shaped profoundly by a desire to nurture healthy relationships with humans and the non-human world. Miles' experiences living on the land have given him a rare perspective on wild nature and sustainability. He is the author of Unlearn, Rewild.
- Author(s)Miles Olson
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.