All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionWild meat, hunted in a responsible way, is one of the most healthful, sustainable foods possible. Depending on how it is done, hunting can be as local, intimate, and humane as it gets. And aside from this, it demands the hunter enter a world of awareness, wildness, life, and death that as a culture we have forgotten. The Compassionate Hunter's Guidebook is a guide for those that come to the act of hunting with pure intentions, motivated by a desire for healthy food that comes directly from the land where they live. This practical manual suggests that hunting is t a sport and the animals whose lives are taken are t game. It combines a deep, philosophical exploration of the ethics of killing with detailed instructions on every step of the process including: * Understanding your prey* Tools, techniques, and preparation* The act of the hunt* From forest to table--processing, preserving, and preparing your kill A unique and comprehensive, fully illustrated guide to the complexity, ethics, and spirit of the hunt, The Compassionate Hunter's Guidebook is a must-read for beginning and experienced hunters alike. It will appeal to anyone who wishes to delve more deeply into the complex, humbling, and ultimately profound reality of our relationship with the food that urishes us. Miles Olson has spent the past decade immersed in learning and practicing earth skills. The author of Unlearn, Rewild, his experiences living on the land have made him an expert on rewilding.
- Author BiographyMiles Olson has spent the past decade deeply immersed in learning and practicing earth skills; living intimately with the land on the forested edge of a sprawling city. While foraging, hunting, gardening, and gathering for his livelihood, his life has been shaped profoundly by a desire to nurture healthy relationships with humans and the non-human world. Miles' experiences living on the land have given him a rare perspective on wild nature and sustainability. He is the author of Unlearn, Rewild.
- Author(s)Miles Olson
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.