Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to say that a pastor is competent? And how does a competent pastor function? This book is intended to help pastors, seminarians, and lay people who work with pastors understand and answer these two questions. Competence in ministry is a moving target. A ministry technique that works in one parish may t work in ather. What works today may t work five years from w. But a competent pastor will be able to adapt to changing locations and changing times. A competent pastor will be happy in her job-or able to figure out why she's t happy and how to move forward. A competent pastor won't get stuck-or when he does get stuck, he'll kw what steps to take to get unstuck. Competence, defined by author Ronald Sisk as the ability to do what needs to be done, requires ministers to understand themselves and others and to keep a realistic perspective on their lives. Competent pastors function by moving toward this kind of understanding and perspective.
- Author BiographyRonald D. Sisk served as a pastor for 20 years before becoming a professor of homiletics and Christian ministry at North American Baptist Seminary. He lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with his wife, Sheryl, and his son, Douglas.
- Author(s)Ronald D. Sisk
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width154 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.