All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a book for anyone tired of speaking flat, colorless, homogenized English. Pennsylvania Dutchman Gary Gates provides a glossary, read-aloud section, songs, recipes, and more in this delightful, inwaluable introduction to Dutch-ified English. Learn the meaning of rutch and spritz, what a clod and a crotch are, how to prounce and make Cussin Rache's Snitz and Knepp, and what has happened to food when it's all. Spice up your vocabulary with delightful words and phrases, such as: * Grex: To complain, moan. Ah, quit your grexing, you have a vonderful life. * Face: Belief, religious conwiction. Praise be! Rebecca has found her face in the Lord again! * Gruntbecky: An expression of hard going. Gruntbecky! It's difficult to run in this hot sun. * Nix otz: A devilish, mischievous person. Our daughter is a little nix otz. * Rupdawn: A massage. A good rupdawn will take the ache away. Tired of trying to conform to traditional speech patterns, Gary offers a warm and funny celebration of the unique Dutch culture in America.
- Author BiographyGary Gates is a Dutchman from Lebanon County, Pennsylvania. People know where he's from when he opens his mouth. Gary is a performer, having appeared hundreds of times at festivals, fairs, colleges, libraries, corporate banquets, comedy clubs, writers groups, resorts, and on radio and TV. His Pennsylvania Dutch humor is riotous fun, sweet enough for family entertainment yet salty enough to keep adults in stitches. He lives in Palmyra, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Gary Gates
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationIntercourse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books,U.S.
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight199 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.