All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Complete Book of Quilting is the ultimate guide to both machine and hand quilting, as well as patchwork and applique. Starting with a brief history of quiltmaking traditions, it moves on to cover all the basics, including choosing fabric, color and design, tools and equipment, making templates, cutting, stitching and pressing. The following chapters cover patchwork, applique and quilting in detail, with 40 techniques carefully described and illustrated with step-by-step sample blocks. The sixth chapter shows how to make up a quilt, with a selection of the different technique blocks made up into a traditional sampler quilt. The final chapter covers methods of care and display, and also has a glossary of quilting terms. Truely inspiring, but also very practical and reliable, The Complete Book of Quilting will quickly become the one book that every quilter needs.
- Author BiographyMaggi McCormick Gordon is an editor and writer who specialises in needlecraft and quilting titles. Her previous books include The Book of Home Sewing, The Quilting Sourcebook, The Quilter's Guide to Amish Quilts and Quilter's Guide to Pictorial Quilts.
- Author(s)Maggi McCormick Gordon
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication14/10/2005
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins & Brown
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1045 g
- Width226 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.