All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConan the Cimmerian: the boy-thief who became a mercenary, who fought and loved his way across fabled lands to become King of Aquilonia. Neither supernatural fiends re demonic sorcery could oppose the barbarian warrior as he wielded his mighty sword and dispatched his enemies to a bloody doom on the battlefields of the legendary Hyborian age. Collected together in one volume for the very first time, in chrological order, are Robert E. Howard's tales of the legendary hero, as fresh and atmospheric today as when they were first published in the pulp magazines of more than seventy years ago. Compiled by and with a foreward and afterword by award-winning writer and editor Stephen Jones.
- Author BiographyRobert Erwin Howard was born and raised in rural Texas, the son of a pioneer physician. He began writing professionally at the age of fifteen and until his tragic death at the age of thirty turned out dozens of tales of heroic and supernatural fantasy that won him a huge audience across the world and influenced a whole generation of writers, from Robert Jordan to Raymond E. Feist.
- Author(s)Robert E. Howard
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication19/01/2006
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleGollancz S.F.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1, 2 maps
- Weight1360 g
- Width241 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine65 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementCentenary Edition
Most relevant reviews
- rogerh336623 Jun, 2016by
Thundering great adventure in true barbarian style!
As a life long Conan fan, I was thrilled to see all the stories available in one volume. The book looks fantastic and the stories are still thrilling. It's not a light book, so I wouldn't recommend it to read on a bus as you travel to work but that is my only negative.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- o_psylos04 May, 2015by
Great book totally worth reading it and owning it
Great collection of all the stories that Howard created, they are the origin of Conan so that makes them unique and there are not much to tell about them beyond that they are beautiful and epic. Totally worth to buy and have on your collection whether you have read them before since the cover is of good quality and the intro on the races at the beginning is something worth reading.
- laimingas201222 Sep, 2014by
Great purchase, solid book, the only minus is that isn't sewed si the glue might fall apart in time but anyways it looks solid.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70