All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description50 Recipes forEVERYTHINGYou'll Ever Want to Make. Because smaller families shouldn't have to rely on recipes built for four or six, America's Test Kitchen has reengineered 650 of our best recipes to serve just two. Over the years we've discovered that scaling down a recipe isn't as simple as cutting the ingredients in half cooking times, temperatures, and equipment need to be adapted as well. This comprehensive cookbook takes the guesswork out of cooking for two so you can be sure that anything you want to make from Classic Beef Stew to Lasagna to a mini batch of Fudgy Brownies or a Fluffy Yellow Layer Cake will come out right (and perfectly proportioned) every time. We'll also give you options when you're short on time. 150 recipes, including Chicken Saltimbocca and Pan-Seared Rib-Eye Steaks with Sweet-Tart Red Wine Sauce, can be on the table in 30 minutes or less. For those times when you want healthier fare, we've provided more than 100 recipes labeled Light such as Provencal Vegetable Soup and Poached Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Grapefruit, each with nutritional information listed in an easy-to-read chart in the back of the book. And we include chapters on for-two slow cooking, grilling, and baking pies, quick breads, cakes, and cookies. A 25-page manual teaches the basics of cooking for two, including clever shopping strategies to reduce waste, smart storage tricks help extend freshness of key ingredients, and our picks for the most useful kitchen equipment for any two-person household.
- Author BiographyThis book has been tested, written, and edited by the test cooks, editors, food scientists, tasters, and cookware specialists at America s Test Kitchen, a 2,500-square-foot kitchen located just outside Boston. It is the home ofCook s Illustratedmagazine andCook s Countrymagazine, the public television cooking showsAmerica s Test KitchenandCook s Country from America s Test Kitchen, America s Test Kitchen Radio, and the online America s Test Kitchen Cooking School.
- PublisherAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.