Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $100.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $160.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the first edition: A gift to serious disaur enthusiasts -Science The amount of information in [these] pages is amazing. This book should be on the shelves of disaur freaks as well as those who need to kw more about the paleobiology of extinct animals. It will be an invaluable library reference. -American Reference Books Annual An excellent encyclopedia that serves as a nice bridge between popular and scholarly disaur literature. -Library Journal (starred review) Copiously illustrated and scrupulously up-to-date...the book reveals dis through the fractious fields that make a study of them. -Publishers Weekly Stimulating armchair company for cold winter evenings...Best of all, the book treats disaurs as intellectual fun. -New Scientist The book is useful both as a reference and as a browse-and-enjoy compendium. -Natural History What do we kw about disaurs, and how do we kw it? How did disaurs grow, move, eat, and reproduce? Were they warm-blooded or cold-blooded? How intelligent were they? How are the various groups of disaurs related to each other, and to other kinds of living and extinct vertebrates? What can the study of disaurs tell us about the process of evolution? And why did typical disaurs become extinct? All of these questions, and more, are addressed in the new, expanded, second edition of The Complete Disaur. Written by many of the world's leading experts on the fearfully great reptiles, the book's 45 chapters cover what we have learned about disaurs, from the earliest discoveries of disaurs to the most recent controversies. Where scientific contention exists, the editors have let the experts agree to disagree. Copiously illustrated and accessible to all readers from the enthusiastic amateur to the most learned professional paleontologist, The Complete Disaur is a feast for serious disaur lovers everywhere.
- Author BiographyM. K. Brett-Surman is Museum Specialist at the National Museum of Natural History of the Smithsonian Institution. Thomas R. Holtz, Jr., is Senior Lecturer and Director, Earth, Life and Time Program, Department of Geology, University of Maryland. James O. Farlow is Professor of Geology at Indiana University-Purdue University at Ft. Wayne.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleLife of the Past
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note32 color illus., 485 b&w illus.
- Weight2903 g
- Width224 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byDr. Thomas R. Holtz,Jnr.,Michael K. Brett-Surman
- Illustrator(s)James O. Farlow
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.