All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExercise can help prevent and treat a wide variety of health problems, including obesity, heart disease and mobility disorders, and fitness professionals are increasingly working with referred patients as part of their treatment. Formerly published as Fitness Professionals: GP Referral Schemes, the new edition of this established and definitive guide includes the latest information from sources such as NICE and ACSM as well as a new chapter on session plans to provide fresh ideas for working with your clients. Written by a highly experienced exercise professional, this book covers: exercise guidelines for different medical conditions strategies for working with exercise referral clients approaches to activity and programme design health, safety and risk management.
- Author BiographyDebbie Lawrence is a consultant and writer for numerous award bodies, training organisations and industry journals and has over 30 years experience in the fitness industry. As a qualified counsellor, she has an interest in exploring holistic approaches for working with clients. Debbie has developed and delivers the Level 4 Activity for mental health qualification (Validated by Skills Active). She has written The Complete Guide to Circuit Training, Exercise in Water, Exercise to Music and Behavioural Change.
- Author(s)Debbie Lawrence,Louise Barnett
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleComplete Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Weight723 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.