All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinding a job is a confusing and anxiety-provoking process for many individuals with Asperger's Syndrome (AS) who may t kw what they are qualified to do and may struggle to communicate their value to employers. In this book, Asperger's employment expert Barbara Bissonnette describes exactly what it takes to get hired in the neurotypical workplace. Every aspect of finding employment is covered, from defining strengths and researching occupations, to marketing oneself and projecting confidence and enthusiasm in interviews. Job-hunters are taught how to develop a personal profile of their talents and skills, their ideal work environment, and important work criteria. They are then shown how to set realistic goals and develop an effective job search plan. There is detailed instruction on networking, including how to find contacts and what to say. A wealth of checklists, templates, sample scripts and written communications accompany the text. Upfront, engaging and highly practical, this will be an essential guide for individuals with AS entering the workforce for the first time, as well as experienced workers who have lost jobs or wish to change careers but are uncertain about how to find the best match for their abilities.
- Author BiographyBarbara Bissonnette is a certified coach and the Principal of Forward Motion Coaching. She specializes in career development coaching for adults with Asperger's Syndrome and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder. She also provides training and consultation to employers. Prior to this, Barbara spent more than 20 years in business, most recently as Vice President of Marketing and Sales for an information services firm. In addition to first-hand experience hiring and managing people at all levels, she understands the challenges of Asperger's and NLD and focuses on practical strategies for employment success. She holds a graduate certificate in executive coaching from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology and is certified by the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). Barbara is the author of the Asperger's Syndrome Workplace Survival Guide: A Neurotypical's Secrets for Success. She lives in Stow, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Barbara Bissonnette
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.