All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKentucky is kwn for its natural beauty and variety of environments, which are preserved and displayed in its state parks. Nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, and history buffs have enjoyed the range and flavor of the commonwealth's natural splendor through its state parks for decades. Kentucky's system of fifty-two state parks is ranked among 'the nation's finest' and attracts visitors from every part of the country, experiencing more repeat business annually than the parks of any other state. The Complete Guide to Kentucky State Parks looks at the variety of outdoor activities the commonwealth has to offer, directing readers to any desired vacation destination, from resorts and historic parks to winding mountain trails and sprawling forests. Readers can learn where to explore the longest cave system in the world, see one of only two moonbows in the world, and witness historic reenactments at Kentucky's earliest settlement. The guide also includes valuable suggestions for activities and attractions located in the areas surrounding the state parks. Blending vibrant firsthand reporting with captivating history and breathtaking photos of every state park in the commonwealth, The Complete Guide to Kentucky State Parks is a must-have introduction and travel-planning guide to the state's nationally rewned parks system.
- Author BiographySusan Reigler is a former travel writer and restaurant critic at the Louisville Courier-Journal and is the author of Compass American Guides: Kentucky as well as Adventures in Dining: Kentucky Bourbon Country. Pam Spaulding is a veteran photographer and photojournalist based in Louisville.
- Author(s)Susan Reigler
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note170 colour photographs, 1 map
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographs byPam Spaulding
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.72
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.55
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.01
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.84
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.