All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewly updated in 2015 and packed with pertinent information, this book walks every potential winemaker through every process necessary in creating and enjoying wine from the comfort of your own home. From the basics of distillation to the ingredients used, homemade wine can be on your table and wowing guests in time. You will learn the basics, starting with the wide array of ingredients available to you, including grapes and berries. The basic aspects of all red wines and white wines are covered, so you fully understand how the body and bouquet of each wine is supposed to taste and feel. You will learn how the grapes are pressed and how long you must wait between the pressing, the addition of other ingredients, and the bottling of the wine. More than 100 winemakers, winery owners, and home wine experts were interviewed to gain a general overview of how winemaking is done, with details about the difference between each wine, the right mixture of ingredients, the better wine taste, and the testing and trying of new things in each bottle. You will learn how to measure and affect the sulfur dioxide levels in your wine and ultimately how to take control of every aspect of your wines, from taste to dryness to odor and color. Everything you could possibly want to kw about wine making and much more is presented in this complete guide for anyone with an eye for the hobby.
- Author BiographyJohn was born in Miami, Florida in 1970. He grew up in the Tampa Bay area, but attended the North Carolina School of the Arts, in Winston Salem NC, for High School. He attended Florida State University and got a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Appalachian State University. In August of 2007, he took the plunge. John had been a social worker in child protective services for far too many years, and had been toying with the idea of being a writer. He had written for a few national magazines and received positive responses for his work. He decided to quit social work and took a chance at writing full time. Luck was on his side, as his first year he was signed to write seven books for Atlantic Publishing Company. Since then he has been writing for a number of magazines including Herb Companion, Precognito, and Winemaker Magazine as well as freelance work to create workbooks, ebooks, articles, ghost write books, blogs and much more. He is now working full time filling requests and hope to get some fiction completed and published this coming year. He freelanced for the New York Times, Bloomberg News, and Reuters. He is working on an upcoming book about his adventures covering the John Edward's trial.
- Author(s)John Peragine
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.