Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMetal boats have the advantage of combining strength with lightness of weight, and the advent of affordable pre-cut steel and aluminium kits has w brought the building of these boats into the domain of the amateur. This book covers all the information you will need to successfully build, revate, repair or maintain a steel or aluminium boat - whether sail or power. Bruce Roberts-Goodson, one of the most experienced designers of small craft explains: why choose a metal boat, what tools and equipment you will need, different welding techniques for different metals, building from a pre-cut kit, building skegs, keels and pilot houses, how to select and install the correct engine for sail or power, and electrical systems, interiors and corrosion prevention. Packed with explanatory photographs and diagrams, the book also comes complete with a CD of over 1000 construction photos to inspire the reader.
- Author BiographyBruce Roberts-Goodson is one of the world's foremost small-craft designers. He has run his own yacht design firm for more than 30 years, and has sold more than 50,000 sets of boat plans. He is the author of several books on boatbuilding.
- Author(s)Bruce Roberts-Goodson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content Noteb/w photos & 45 diagrams
- Weight876 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.