All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcellent piece of kwledge packed into a book. I love it and would recommend it to friends and family intending to engage in research. (5 Star Amazon Review, 2013). Why is accurate referencing important? How do I reference print and digital sources correctly? What must I do to avoid plagiarism in my written work? How can I use referencing to assert my own ideas? The Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism, third edition demystifies the referencing process and provides essential guidance on how to avoid plagiarism when writing for university. It provides clear guidelines on why and when to reference, as well as how to correctly cite from a huge range of sources. The book explains what is considered good referencing practice and ensures you have a watertight understanding of what plagiarism is and isn't, and how to avoid it in your written assignments. Thoroughly updated throughout, this new edition has also been carefully restructured to make it easier to find the precise solutions to all your referencing dilemmas. It offers: practical examples of writing and referencing in action - how to ensure you are citing correctly and critically to meet your lecturers' requirements; referencing advice for all students new to higher education, and particularly international students studying in the UK for the first time; a new chapter with clear instructions for correctly referencing online material; a chapter of worked examples referencing over 30 different types of sources, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions and quizzes to ensure you get your references right every time. Tried and trusted by thousands of Higher Education students, the Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism 3e is an essential book for anyone engaged in academic writing.
- Author BiographyColin Neville worked as a lecturer, course organiser, and learning development adviser in further and higher education for over 25 years. He established and managed the Effective Learning Service at the UK University of Bradford, School of Management, and was the Specialist Adviser and Research Consultant for the UK 'LearnHigher' referencing learning area (CETL project). Colin is also the author of How to Improve your Assignment Results and is co-author of The Ultimate Study Skills Handbook (both published by Open University Press).
- Author(s)Colin Neville
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width67 mm
- Height93 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.