All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Richard B. Patt, one of America's leading cancer pain experts, teams up with science writer Susan Lang to produce a much-needed, sensible handbook for patients and caregivers on all aspects of cancer pain. The authors illuminate the reasons why patients are so often undermedicated, including unfounded fears of addiction, patients thinking they need to tough it out, time-consuming paperwork for doctors who prescribe narcotics, and laws that fail to distinguish between drug abuse and the legitimate employment of narcotics. Lang and Patt demonstrate that properly medicated patients are better able to resume active lives and marshal strength to fight their disease - while those in chronic pain t only suffer, but also may jeopardise their potential for recovery. A Complete Guide to Relieving Cancer Pain and Suffering enables cancer patients to make informed decisions about their care and gives numerous, concrete suggestions on how patients and their families can work most efficiently and effectively with doctors. This volume will be of ermous value to the growing numbers of patients, family members, and health-care professionals who are determined to relieve needless cancer pain.
- Author BiographyRichard B. Patt, M.D. is the President and Chief Medical Officer of the Patt Center for Cancer Pain and Wellness (www.cancerpain.org) in Houston. Susan S. Lang is a Senior Science Writer at Cornell University and the author or co-author of eleven books, including Headache Help and Beating the Blues: New Approaches to Overcoming Dysthymia and Chronic Depression.
- Author(s)Richard B. Patt,Susan S. Lang
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note5 line drawings, 5 tables
- Weight673 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.