All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis totally revised and updated book covers every aspect of raising farm animals. You will learn how to care for chickens, from choosing the right breed to raising them for egg production. You will learn how to handle geese and ducks, choosing the correct breeds, feeding, housing, breeding, and selecting the right ones for egg production. You will also learn about egg incubation, maintaining poultry health, and how to raise them for meat. Other animals you will learn how to care for include rabbits, goats, sheep, dairy cows, and beef cattle. Learn about how to purchase, house, feed, breed, record, and butcher animals of all types as well as how to gather milk, use goats and cows for maintaining your fields, and keep records of births and selling babies.
- Author BiographyDr. Melissa Nelson is a graduate of the University Of Minnesota College Of Veterinary Medicine. She currently resides on a beef cattle farm near Ortonville, Minn.
- Author(s)Melissa Nelson
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.