The Complete Guide to Upholstery: Stuffed with Step-By-Step Techniques for Professional Results by Cherry Dobson (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHas your couch lost its fluff? Has a button popped off a cushion? Now you can learn to fix all these furniture mishaps yourself with The Complete Guide to Upholstery. This is the complete resource for upholsterers at all levels of experience, offering invaluable advice and expert reference for all kinds of upholstery projects. Whether traditional or modern, a fixer-upper or something you want to revitalize with a new look, you'll find all the necessary techniques that apply to all your upholstery projects. Each technique in the book is fully explained with easy-to-follow instructions, step-by-step photos, and detailed diagrams for extra clarity.With this book you will learn: -To build kwledge and skills: from choosing the right tools and estimating yardage correctly to making covered buttons, and reinforcing sagging webbing, this book shows you the skills and techniques you will need for success in all your projects.-Step-by-steps: Easy-to-follow instructions, illustrated with clear photographs and diagrams explain the secrets of the most commonly encountered upholstery jobs--from simple tasks such as adding gimp to the more complex projects like stripping and re-upholstering a chair.-Cutting plans: Use this section as a guide to plan how to measure your project and how to cut fabric to minimize the quantity you have to buy.You'll even pick up some expert advice on what to look for when buying furniture secondhand and how to diagse what's fixable and what's t. This extremely comprehensive reference book teaches you the skills to create professional-looking results on any upholstery project you undertake.
- Author BiographyCHERRY DOBSON has been a tutor of upholstery for over 20 years and has a wealth of experience in the upholstery trade. She has worked on numerous commissions gaining much hands-on experience and obtained a Distinction in Furniture Advanced Studies at the London Guildhall University. Cherry converted and restored a barn on her property into a studio, where she now teaches both day and residential courses.
- Author(s)Cherry Dobson
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width211 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.