Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWater is the most important natural resource in your life you use it to drink, to water your lawn, to clean yourself, your dishes, and your clothes, and to cook. Nothing can be done in life without water, and yet if an emergency occurs, the Federal Emergency Management Agency estimates that nearly 4 in 5 Americans would be without access to clean water if a major disaster disrupted or contaminated their public water supply. It is for this reason that many individuals have looked into the possibility of utilising tanks, ponds, and other means of water storage to maintain a safe, viable source of drinking water for them and their families in the case of an emergency. This book will guide you through the process of learning more about these potential lifesaving water storage methods, the legal implications, and the financial aspects of storing your own water for future. There are numerous ways you can store water for emergency or future use; this book will help you learn everything you need to start taking advantage of those methods according to the space you have and the time and money you can invest. You will learn all of the basic design principles of water storage as well as how water quality is measured and maintained while in storage. You will learn the various ways to store water, from soil to direct to aquifers, ponds, open tanks, swimming pools, and tanks. You will learn the various types of water tank design for each method of storage and what each one involves and requires. Water purification and construction experts have been interviewed for this book and their insights have been added to provide you with every possible outlook and detail you might need to effectively store your water. You will learn the necessary aspects of tank roofs, the costs, footings, floorings, designs, and most importantly your local regulations regarding storage of water on your property. You will learn about the hazards involved in water storage and how to deal with inlets, outlets, service access, drains, bugs, and rodents. You will learn about the necessary optional features for safety and quality and how much water you need for emergency storage in different situations. For every possible water storage solution you might be considering, this book will cover every aspect.
- Author BiographyJulie Fryer lives with her husband, two sons, and vizsla dog in southeastern Minnesota. Julie is a freelance writer who writes nonfiction articles and books focusing on self-help, organic and green living, and everyday living. She is the author of The Complete Guide to Your New Root Cellar and The Complete Guide to Water Storage, and a contributing writer to various magazines and online websites including myorganicgardeningblog.com. When she is not writing, Julie and her family love to fish in area trout streams, enjoy summer camping and boat trips, and tend a large vegetable and flower garden.
- Author(s)Julie Fryer
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kwec7744_204 May, 2017by
"Increase your knowledge"
Well written, researched, and easy to read. Indeed good value for money.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.