Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionHere, at last, is a writing manual especially for human resources (HR) professionals. It combines clear, complete, how-to-do-it guidelines on writing with more than 100 samples of typical HR documents. Busy HR professionals and managers will appreciate the logical, easy-to-follow format of this book. Diane Arthur, formerly a frontline HR practitioner and w an HR consultant and author, leads you step by step through the seven stages of writing. From outline through revision, you'll discover techniques that make the process easier and more effective. The emphasis is on objective, style, and tone, t merely the mechanics of grammar and punctuation. You'll learn to overcome blank page syndrome and sidestep classic writing pitfalls. In sum, you'll learn to write for results - an approach that makes every HR document achieve its purpose. In the second section of the book, you'll find 110 sample documents to use or adapt to your own organization's needs. They encompass virtually all communications areas in which HR practitioners must be conversant: recruiting, interviewing, orienting new employees, performance management, employee services, handbooks, and policy manuals.
- Author BiographyDIANE ARTHUR (Northport, NY) is president of Arthur Associates Management Consultants. Her previous books include Managing Human Resources in Small and Mid-Sized Companies (AMACOM) and Recruiting, Interviewing, Selecting, and Orienting New Employees (AMACOM).
- Author(s)Diane Arthur
- PublisherAMACOM/American Management Association
- Date of Publication06/02/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAMACOM/American Management Association
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.