Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- SynopsisThe trick for most first-time novelists is How do I tell my story? Well, look no further. In a reader-friendly, easy-to-understand style, CIG to Writing a Novel will cover in detail all of the elements necessary to create a great novel. Author Tom Monteleone illustrates how to create three-dimensional characters, write believable and colourful dialogue, pace the story, write effective transitions, and nail down the often tricky process of shifting points of view. He'll also explore such crucial concepts as style, structure, creating a setting, rewriting, and common mistakes first-time novelists make. He'll guide readers through the research process, distinguish between the many different genres of fiction to help them gear their work toward the best audience, and offer suggestions for time management and discipline - necessary tools for the would-be Courtenay in all of us.,The write stuff for telling a good story...includes exclusive interviews with New York Timesbestselling authors! Novelist and editor Tom Monteleone shares his insights about the writing process-from developing a style through creating believable characters and settings, to the final editing and rewriting chores. Features never-before-published interviews with such bestselling authors as Janet Evanovich, Peter Straub, Richard Matheson, Whitley Streiber, Stephen Hunter, and William Peter Blatty Includes chapters on the publishing business Author has more than 20 published novels under his belt Over 8,500 first novels were published last year alone,You're no idiot, of course. You know writing a novel takes more than talent, imagination, and a good grasp of grammar and syntax. You have to have the discipline to put in the time required, not only to write, but also to research, rewrite, and revise -- and the courage to forge ahead when you find yourself facing "writer's block." Get your story out of your head and onto the page! The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing a Novel offers all the tricks of the trade for completing a coherent work of fiction -- including how to prepare for the professional publishing world. Book jacket.
- AuthorThomas Monteleone,Tom Monteleone
- Number Of Pages352 pages
- SeriesThe Complete Idiot's Guide
- Publication Date2004-03-02
- PublisherPenguin Publishing Group
- Copyright Date2004
- Weight18.6 Oz
- Height0.3 In.
- Width7.6 In.
- Length3.5 In.
- Grade FromTwelfth Grade
- Grade Toup
- Age Range18 - UP
- LC Classification NumberPN3365.M665 2004
- Dewey Decimal808.3
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- ellie4307806 Dec, 2008by
Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing
I wanted an easy guide to basics, and I found it! Very good resource for anyone interested in trying their hand at writing.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.