Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionPilates is a fitness phemen that's been around for nearly 100 years and shows signs of fading away. Through a series of strength and stretching exercises, it builds core body strength, improves posture, relieves pain, alleviates symptoms of serious chronic diseases, and has a positive impact on all of the vital systems-all while building a connection between the body and the mind. Formal Pilates classes are ermously beneficial; however, they are also very expensive. Using The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Pilates on the Mat, readers can practice Pilates Mat exercises on their own-without all the expensive and intimidating equipment (aka instruments of torture ) found in the studio or gym. The book takes readers through the complete sequence of Pilates Mat exercises with photos and step-by-step instructions. Along the way, fitness expert Karon Karter gives readers:
- A Pilates primer-how and why the method works on every body, inside and out.
- Basics for better breathing and posture.
- Safe instruction for flexing toward your healthiest self.
- Expert advice on Pilates Mat exercises and using simple equipment, such as the Magic Circle.
- Poses and postures to increase range of motion, bone density, respiration, circulation, and muscle control.
- Exercises for toning muscles and melting fat, making the body look lean, healthy, and younger.
- Author BiographyKaron Karter is the co-author of The Complete Idiot s Guide(r) to Kickboxing, as well as The Healthy Traveler: Eight Steps to Healthful Flying. She is certified by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America and teaches Pilates Mat classes. Her Pilates class appears in Fitness magazine s Fitbuzz column and every week on ESPN2 s Crunch Fitness. She lives in Dallas, TX.
- Author(s)Karon Karter
- PublisherAlpha Books
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleComplete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlpha Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.