The Complete Idiot's Guide to Saltwater Aquariums by Mark W Martin, Ret Talbot (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn undersea kingdom in the comfort of one's own home! Presented in straightforward, readable text focused on the best species to consider, compatibility guidelines, general care recommendations, and what to do if things go wrong, this indispensable volume answers questions for both the vice and the experienced saltwater aquarium enthusiast. The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Saltwater Aquariums offers BONUS ONLINE CONTENT with nearly 1000 descriptions and pictures of marine fishes, corals, plants, and invertebrates among sixty family groupings. Features tips on how to acclimatize to avoid harming the animals and advice on treating disease and problem-solving. Includes information about filters, sumps, fugiums, calcium reactors, sterilizers, ozoniers, plumbing, lighting, and water.
- Author BiographyMark W. Martin is director of marine ornamental research and the founder and co-owner of Blue Zoo Aquatics-an industry-leading importer and distributor of marine ornamental fish, coral, and invertebrates servicing Los Angeles, California, and surrounding areas. Blue Zoo Aquatics was not Mark's first company, and it is his involvement in all aspects of the marine ornamental trade that makes him a respected and knowledgeable industry expert. Prior to launching Blue Zoo Aquatics, Mark put his USC Marshall School of Business degree in business administration to work as the owner of Blue Dolphin Tropical, a freshwater fish and marine ornamental breeding company, and West Coast Coral, an importer and distributor of marine ornamental corals. He also managed the day-to-day operations of the import department of Sea Dwelling Creatures. Mark's experience in the industry is not limited to management. From his work as a marine ornamental collector gathering marine animals from Central America and the western United States for Sea to Sea Imports to his consulting work with Marine Fisheries, Tahiti, working to export Tridacna clams for the marine ornamental industry, Mark is intimately familiar with all aspects of the marine ornamental industry, from specimen collection to the hobbyist's tank. Mark is also a regular contributor to the Southern California Marine Aquarium Counsel (SoCMAC). Ret Talbot is a professional writer who has authored feature-length articles and content for guides on a wide range of subjects in a variety of local, national, and international publications. His undergraduate and graduate degrees are in writing from Wheaton College, Massachusetts, and the University of St. Andrews, Scotland, respectively. In addition to his skills as a writer, he has consulted for companies in the marine ornamental industry and generated significant content for online retailers of marine livestock. Ret has more than a decade of experience as an educator, and this experience has proven invaluable when it comes to writing content that is organized to instruct and inspire passion for the subject matter.
- Author(s)Mark W Martin,Ret Talbot
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleComplete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.