All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title examines the institutions of the Church and explores the significance of the sacraments, with over 180 photographs. It offers an introduction to the traditions of Catholic ritual. It describes the administrative structure of the Church, and also examines the duties performed by different sorts of nuns and priests and the vows they take. It explains the seven sacraments. It features a guide to the festivals and holy days in the Catholic calendar and the customs associated with them. The Catholic religion has a spiritual, cultural and historical heritage that spans more than 2000 years. The first part of the book explains the hierarchy and structure of the Church, from the Pope who provides guidance to the bishops in their dioceses, to the priests in their parishes. The seven sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist, penance and reconciliation, the ainting of the sick, holy orders and Holy Matrimony are all described. Finally, important days and festivals in the Catholic calendar are discussed, such as Lent, The Resurrection and Easter. This title is lavishly illustrated with more than 180 photographs and fine-art paintings.
- Author BiographyCharles Phillips is the author of many books including histories of the Crusades, of chivalry and knighthood, and of the British royal family. Consultant Reverend Ronald Creighton-Jobe is an Oratorian Father at the London Oratory Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Author(s)Charles Phillips,Reverend Ronald Creighton-Jobe
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 180 colour photographs & fine-art paintings
- Weight499 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.