All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJewellery making is w more popular than ever before. You longer need to be a professional to learn the practice of this classic craft and The Complete Jewellery Maker will provide you with the skill, confidence and inspiration to design and create beautiful pieces of jewellery with a professional finish. The Complete Jewellery Maker provides over 100 essential projects and techniques for anyone interested in learning to make jewellery and provides practising jewellers with a great resource for extending their skills. This book covers everything from basic tools and materials, setting up a workshop and health and safety through to advanced jewellery making techniques and the principles of designing your own pieces. A range of projects are provided, designed to develop jewellery-making skills starting with a simple hat pin using basic techniques, progressing to more complex pieces such as a spiral filigree necklace. All projects are explained with easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step colour illustrations. A must-have guide for jewellery makers of all levels.
- Author BiographyJinks McGrath is a designer/jewellery maker with a special interest in enamelling. Her work has been inspired by a number of visits to India, Thailand and Africa where she has watched and worked alongside local craftsmen at work.Jinks trained in England at the Berkshire College of Art and Design and takes commissions via her website: www.jinksmcgrath.com. Every December she holds an exhibition of her work at Streat Place Barn in Sussex. Jinks has published a number of jewellery titles including The Rings Book, The Jeweller's Directory of Decorative Finishes, First Steps in Enamelling, The Encyclopedia of Jewellery Making Techniques and Jewellery Making: A Complete Guide for Beginners.
- Author(s)Jinks McGrath
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight982 g
- Width171 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.