All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis critical and scholarly edition presents the complete letters of Henry James, one of the great velists and letter writers of the English language. Comprising more than ten thousand letters and addressing a remarkably wide range of topics, this edition is an indispensable resource for students and scholars of James, of the European vel and modern literature, and of American and English literature, culture, and criticism. This volume contains letters written from December 21, 1877, to September 29, 1878, when, having settled comfortably into London life, James finished preparing the foundation for the career that would define his reputation as a critic and fiction writer. During this time James published Daisy Miller and The Europeans as well as other fiction, reviews, and cultural criticism.
- Author BiographyHenry James (1843-1916) wrote short stories, plays, literary criticism, and travel essays and is most famous for his many novels, which include The Portrait of a Lady, The Bostonians, The Ambassadors, and The Golden Bowl. Pierre A. Walker is a professor of English at Salem State University. He is the editor of Henry James on Culture: Collected Essays on Politics and the American Social Scene (Nebraska, 1999). Greg W. Zacharias is a professor of English at Creighton University, where he directs the Center for Henry James Studies. He is the editor of A Companion to Henry James and coeditor of Tracing Henry James.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Series TitleThe Complete Letters of Henry James
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note6 illustrations, 1 figure
- Weight794 g
- Width4039 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byGreg W. Zacharias,Pierre A. Walker
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.