All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining letters written between September 2, 1879, and May 14, 1880, this second volume of The Complete Letters of Henry James, 1878-1880 documents the full establishment of Henry James as a professional writer and critic on both sides of the Atlantic, as James publishes the vel Confidence and the literary biography Hawthorne and begins work on Washington Square and The Portrait of a Lady. James also visits Paris, Florence, Rome, and Naples; begins his friendship with Constance Fenimore Woolson; and deepens his attachment to London and to his friends and acquaintances there.
- Author BiographyHenry James (1843-1916) wrote short stories, plays, literary criticism, and travel essays and is most famous for his many novels, which include The Portrait of a Lady, The Bostonians, The Ambassadors, and The Golden Bowl. Pierre A. Walker is a professor of English at Salem State University, USA. He is the editor of Henry James on Culture: Collected Essays on Politics and the American Social Scene (Nebraska, 1999). Greg W. Zacharias is a professor of English at Creighton University, USA, where he directs the Center for Henry James Studies. He is the editor of A Companion to Henry James and coeditor of Tracing Henry James.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleThe Complete Letters of Henry James
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Weight825 g
- Width159 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGreg W. Zacharias,Pierre A. Walker
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.