All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding material and photographs t included in most of the 100 other books about the champion, Ishmael Reed' The Complete Muhammad Ali is more than just a biography - it is a fascinating portrait of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st. An honest, balanced portrayal of Ali, the book includes voices that have been omitted from other books. It charts Ali's evolution from Black Nationalism to a universalism, but does t discount the Nation of Islam and Black Nationalism's important influence on his intellectual development. Filipi American author Emil Guillermo speaks about how The Thrilla In Manila brought the Philippines into the 20th century. Fans of Muhammad Ali, boxing fans, and those interested in modern African American history and the Nation of Islam will be fascinated by this biography by an accomplished American author.
- Author BiographyIshmael Reed is a prize-winning essayist, novelist, poet, and playwright and the author of numerous books, including Barack Obama and the Jim Crow Media and Going Too Far. He taught at the University of California, Berkeley, USA for 35 years, as well as at Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth. He lives in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Ishmael Reed
- PublisherBaraka Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBaraka Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.